Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for boto
- ‘If you get the chance, take a boat ride with a guide along the Amazon River in search of Amazon dolphins.’
- ‘After breakfast, we will begin the most important excursion, the sightings of the pink and gray Amazon dolphins.’
- ‘On the way back, we were accompanied by a lovely family of Amazon dolphins.’
- ‘I awoke and watched the sun come up as I got my first view of the pink Amazon dolphins.’
- ‘Out of more than 100 Amazon dolphins captured in the past 35 years, only three are alive today.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.