One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely good or impressive; amazing.‘the atmosphere was nothing special but the food was amazeballs’‘she looks amazeballs’‘thanks for hosting another amazeballs party’
astonishing, astounding, surprising, bewildering, stunning, staggering, shocking, startling, stupefying, breathtaking, perplexing, confounding, dismaying, disconcerting, shatteringView synonyms
- ‘I have the most amazeballs hair colour and condition – best salon ever.’
- ‘Usher called the performance "amazeballs," and Adam didn't feel anyone could sing the song better than that.’
- ‘It's going to take more than some breakdancing from Matt to beat that – it was, to quote Chris, "amazeballs".’
- ‘How amazeballs does that sound?’
- ‘Like many young stars, he seems obsessed with people who dare to tell him he's anything but amazeballs and destined for legend-hood.’
- ‘I have a huge girlcrush on her – she is amazeballs.’
- ‘Let me just say, the work is consistently, consistently amazeballs in there.’
- ‘OMG it's amazeballs!’
- ‘They're either amazeballs and among the series' most entertaining and genuinely good episodes, or they're really, really not.’
- ‘It's an AMAZEBALLS feeling accepting who you are!’
Early 21st century: humorous alteration of amazing.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.