Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Heroic amateurism has always been Cook's style.’
- ‘Howman feels that amateurism should not be an issue.’
- ‘I was a little confused and don't know whether that was professionalism or pure amateurism.’
- ‘Today amateurism is clearly alive and well in Britain.’
- ‘The same wild amateurism characterised everything he did.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.