Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The US delegation was shocked by the amateurishness of it all.’
- ‘It uses inept amateurishness to both compel and repel you.’
- ‘The result is productions that, regardless of cast, budget, time and effort, cannot drag themselves up from amateurishness.’
- ‘Tom Waits narrates the film, made with no sign of amateurishness.’
- ‘There's a place for charming amateurishness in music but you need to be experienced to do it well.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.