One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The friend, in an awkward attempt at ingratiation, plays for her a tape of him amateurishly playing the drums with his band.’
- ‘A movie may be incompetently acted and amateurishly shot.’
- ‘The quality of the exhibition was not only amateurishly reminiscent of A-level sketch books, but in some places absolutely risible.’
- ‘This is the sort of test that is poorly - and amateurishly - designed and conducted, and which proves essentially nothing.’
- ‘Most of the songs are laughably and amateurishly staged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.