One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural Amateur dramatics.‘a performance poised somewhere between slapstick and below-average am-dram’
- ‘He got involved in am-dram, but at 27 he decided that he either wanted to be a social worker or an actor.’
- ‘For Dorothy Clark is the true grand old dame of the am-dram world.’
- ‘I think this, not sets or production values, highlights that ultimate difference between am-dram and proper productions.’
- ‘Her life revolves around her dogs, the local am-dram society, the church, bell-ringing and village gossip.’
- ‘At that point I decided to use my am-dram skills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.