Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular or plural Amateur dramatics.
- ‘For Dorothy Clark is the true grand old dame of the am-dram world.’
- ‘At that point I decided to use my am-dram skills.’
- ‘I think this, not sets or production values, highlights that ultimate difference between am-dram and proper productions.’
- ‘Her life revolves around her dogs, the local am-dram society, the church, bell-ringing and village gossip.’
- ‘He got involved in am-dram, but at 27 he decided that he either wanted to be a social worker or an actor.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.