Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the air sacs of the lungs.
- ‘The authors concluded that inflammatory alveolitis might have been present in severely exposed subjects.’
- ‘This second group was further subdivided into conditions that are part of a systemic disease or fibrosing alveolitis (defined as pulmonary disease only).’
- ‘The general practitioner died from the result of fibrosing alveolitis on 26 January 2000.’
- ‘Although still in his mid-50s and in the prime of his productive professional life, fibrosing alveolitis had left him severely disabled.’
- ‘In contrast, fibrosing alveolitis is a disease that starts in the periphery of the lung.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.