Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the air sacs of the lungs.
- ‘The general practitioner died from the result of fibrosing alveolitis on 26 January 2000.’
- ‘In contrast, fibrosing alveolitis is a disease that starts in the periphery of the lung.’
- ‘The authors concluded that inflammatory alveolitis might have been present in severely exposed subjects.’
- ‘Although still in his mid-50s and in the prime of his productive professional life, fibrosing alveolitis had left him severely disabled.’
- ‘This second group was further subdivided into conditions that are part of a systemic disease or fibrosing alveolitis (defined as pulmonary disease only).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.