Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Coat with aluminium.‘an aluminized reflector’
- ‘The boom supports the lightweight sail, which is made of an aluminized, temperature-resistant material called CP - 1.’
- ‘If you do want to use binoculars or a telescope, be sure to attach a full-aperture solar filter of either aluminized glass or aluminized Mylar.’
- ‘These are aluminized glass fibers, easily laminated together with carbon structural fibers below.’
- ‘The excellent resistance to atmospheric corrosion of aluminized wire resulted in its acceptance for service in coastal and severely corrosive industrial atmospheres.’
- ‘The diffraction grating is molded and aluminized in the same process as that used to make music CDs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.