One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]usually as adjective aluminized
Coat with aluminium.‘an aluminized reflector’
- ‘The excellent resistance to atmospheric corrosion of aluminized wire resulted in its acceptance for service in coastal and severely corrosive industrial atmospheres.’
- ‘The diffraction grating is molded and aluminized in the same process as that used to make music CDs.’
- ‘If you do want to use binoculars or a telescope, be sure to attach a full-aperture solar filter of either aluminized glass or aluminized Mylar.’
- ‘These are aluminized glass fibers, easily laminated together with carbon structural fibers below.’
- ‘The boom supports the lightweight sail, which is made of an aluminized, temperature-resistant material called CP - 1.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.