One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alloy of copper and aluminium.
- ‘The phosphor bronzes, aluminum bronze alloys are the most suitable alloys for such applications.’
- ‘One of the problems associated with copper alloys is the fact that some of them, such as aluminum bronze, have a coefficient of expansion over 50% greater than that of copper.’
- ‘The aluminum bronze coating provides an improvement over prior art coatings in reducing coefficient of friction between the parts.’
- ‘The tin bronzes, as for chill casting, are suitable for centrifugal casting and, in addition, the high tensile brasses and aluminum bronzes may be centrifugally cast.’
- ‘The structure and consequent heat treatability of aluminum bronze varies greatly with composition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.