One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I vote altruistically, for the benefit of others and for an idea of the kind of world I want for future generations.’
- ‘At any one time, a population is likely to contain individuals that are either permanently incapable of cooperating or temporarily lack the time, energy, or resources to allow them to act altruistically.’
- ‘Can we ever again pay our taxes in the belief that the money will be wisely and altruistically redistributed?’
- ‘All other things being equal, you'd expect people who develop the ability to empathise and act altruistically to live longer and procreate more often.’
- ‘People who altruistically perform thankless tasks should be rewarded, but not by people who inspire little respect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.