One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.‘it was an entirely altruistic act’‘I question how altruistic his motives were’
unselfish, selfless, self-sacrificing, self-denyingView synonyms
- ‘This leadership was perceived as altruistic by the public, and therefore ethical.’
- ‘Humans are far more co-operative and altruistic than any other species.’
- ‘Naturally, a person could be motivated by altruistic considerations to help others in his group.’
- ‘Don't be fooled into thinking I do this for altruistic reasons though.’
- ‘His benevolent and altruistic nature made him very well known to everyone in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.