Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A clef placing middle C on the middle line of the stave, used chiefly for viola music.
- ‘This editor permits single or double stave notation utilizing the treble, bass, tenor and alto clefs.’
- ‘The alto clef encountered when reading the viola part poses a challenge.’
- ‘The wedding cake, with chocolate covered strawberries between the layers, was decorated with treble clefs for Rachel's violin and alto clefs for Nick's viola.’
- ‘It is usually written in bass clef, although tenor trombone players with orchestral experience are often comfortable with tenor and alto clefs as well.’
- ‘Depending on the type of trombone and what type of ensemble you're in, the music for trombone could be written in either the tenor, bass, or alto clefs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.