One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A clef placing middle C on the middle line of the stave, used chiefly for viola music.
- ‘It is usually written in bass clef, although tenor trombone players with orchestral experience are often comfortable with tenor and alto clefs as well.’
- ‘This editor permits single or double stave notation utilizing the treble, bass, tenor and alto clefs.’
- ‘The alto clef encountered when reading the viola part poses a challenge.’
- ‘The wedding cake, with chocolate covered strawberries between the layers, was decorated with treble clefs for Rachel's violin and alto clefs for Nick's viola.’
- ‘Depending on the type of trombone and what type of ensemble you're in, the music for trombone could be written in either the tenor, bass, or alto clefs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.