One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Eastern birds may migrate south, but western populations are more often altitudinal migrants, moving from the mountains into nearby lowlands in winter.’
- ‘Most species are sedentary, although some make nomadic wanderings and altitudinal shifts in response to food availability.’
- ‘It is unlikely that such large changes would be due to the effects of variation in altitudinal air density on flight performance.’
- ‘However, they commonly make altitudinal movements as seasons change and in dry seasons they may move beyond their normal range in search of food.’
- ‘In some regions, trees have invaded tundra, extending the altitudinal or latitudinal limit of tree growth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.