One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very high in pitch.‘the extreme altissimo range of his horn’
- ‘I had to play altissimo to get F# and higher.’
- ‘It might be helpful and quicker to work with a good private teacher who plays the altissimo register.’
- ‘Opening the F key only a little helps the altissimo notes to speak.’
- ‘He was inclined to use a harsh altissimo register in his saxophone playing.’
- ‘The mastering of the first altissimo octave is the most difficult, and should be done before going higher.’
Italian, superlative of alto ‘high’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.