One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very high in pitch.‘the extreme altissimo range of his horn’
- ‘Opening the F key only a little helps the altissimo notes to speak.’
- ‘He was inclined to use a harsh altissimo register in his saxophone playing.’
- ‘It might be helpful and quicker to work with a good private teacher who plays the altissimo register.’
- ‘The mastering of the first altissimo octave is the most difficult, and should be done before going higher.’
- ‘I had to play altissimo to get F# and higher.’
Italian, superlative of alto ‘high’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.