Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Therefore we are confident that a blend of both tide gage and altimetric data offers the best solution.’
- ‘Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to be certain of the topography across areas seen in the SAR images, because Cassini cannot acquire SAR images and altimetric measurements simultaneously.’
- ‘A correlation technique was developed for estimating subsurface temperature from altimetric data.’
- ‘Our follow-up investigations will focus on predictions of altimetry texture based on upward continuation of 2 - D abyssal hill morphology and realistic renderings of altimetric noise.’
- ‘A mathematical model for the prediction of potential altimetric stream network evolution due to erosion and sedimentation processes is here formalized.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.