Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Any of a range of medical therapies that are not regarded as orthodox by the medical profession, such as herbalism, naturopathy, and crystal healing.See also complementary medicine
- ‘Many of these products are available in health food stores or you can get them from your alternative medicine provider.’
- ‘We also use private therapy, alternative medicine, changes in diet, and whatever else works to get us where we want to be.’
- ‘I believe that alternative medicine should be used with treatment of any medical problem.’
- ‘Such contact could be an important step in the integration of complementary and alternative medicine with other medical services.’
- ‘Complementary and alternative medicine is undergoing much greater scrutiny than ever before.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.