Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fuel other than petrol or diesel for powering motor vehicles, such as natural gas, methanol, or electricity.‘alternative fuels have gained ground’[mass noun] ‘vehicles running on alternative fuel’
- ‘Most fuel experts agree that the ideal alternative fuel for the future is hydrogen.’
- ‘We also help companies to consider alternative fuels and look at minimising mileage.’
- ‘In the late '80s and early '90s methanol was the alternative fuel of choice.’
- ‘Even the way cars are powered has changed with the recent rise of diesel cars as well as LPG and other alternative fuels.’
- ‘As an alternative fuel, ‘bio-diesel’ is derived from canola, soy, corn, sunflower, etc.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.