One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Energy fuelled in ways that do not use up the earth's natural resources or otherwise harm the environment, especially by avoiding the use of fossil fuels or nuclear power.
- ‘While we're on the subject of costs, consider that the cheapest and safest form of alternative energy is - using less.’
- ‘We should pursue all viable alternative energy sources, from nuclear power to solar to geothermal.’
- ‘Naturally, for alternative energy to be useful, it must be boundless, renewable, and not take away anything from the environment.’
- ‘Any serious attempt to shift from fossil fuels to alternative energy demands greater national and global efforts.’
- ‘This technology is no cure all, but it would at least give the world a chance and the requisite breathing space to further develop alternative energy sources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.