One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
The use of methods such as mediation or arbitration to resolve a dispute without resort to litigation.
- ‘We need some king of alternative dispute resolution where both parties can file a few pieces of paper and someone gives them an opinion.’
- ‘That little pamphlet might be worth a second look, especially if it talks about arbitration or alternative dispute resolution.’
- ‘She points to the gradual shift away from litigation as a preference for alternative dispute resolution and mediation methods, largely because of an overloaded court system.’
- ‘Ultimately, in the proper circumstances structured settlements are one of the most effective forms of alternative dispute resolution.’
- ‘In addition to these trends, there is an increasing emphasis on alternative dispute resolution and privatized forums for handling certain legal issues, such as in-house tribunals within companies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.