One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boy who acts as a priest's assistant during a service, especially in the Roman Catholic Church.
- ‘I was a sixth grader, an altar boy awed by liturgy, and determined to be a priest.’
- ‘He had a strong religious belief and was a daily mass-goer and in his younger days, he served as an altar boy in the Dominican Church which is located next door to where he grew up.’
- ‘He was an altar boy at Our Lady of Victories Church, near his home on West Lane, while attending the next-door primary school.’
- ‘Dallaire grew up a French-Canadian Catholic, an altar boy, and a soloist in the choir.’
- ‘He will visit the site of the former Odeon cinema in Crouch Street, his old church where he was an altar boy in Coggeshall, and meet up with old friends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.