One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of motor neurone disease.‘the rock guitarist was stricken by ALS more than 20 years ago’Also called Lou Gehrig's disease
- ‘He choreographed (most often for Maryland Youth Ballet and his own Eric Hampton Dance) before being diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).’
- ‘He was in the advanced stages of ALS.’
- ‘Some cases where gene therapy has been successful are in the breakthrough with the disease Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).’
- ‘The scene becomes even more distressing when we recall how ALS eventually works its way up the body, making simple things like hand gestures and speaking impossible.’
- ‘"Her painting will help draw attention to the amazing abilities of artists with ALS and other neuromuscular disorders."’
Abbreviation of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.