One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of motor neurone disease.‘the rock guitarist was stricken by ALS more than 20 years ago’Also called Lou Gehrig's disease
- ‘The scene becomes even more distressing when we recall how ALS eventually works its way up the body, making simple things like hand gestures and speaking impossible.’
- ‘"Her painting will help draw attention to the amazing abilities of artists with ALS and other neuromuscular disorders."’
- ‘Some cases where gene therapy has been successful are in the breakthrough with the disease Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).’
- ‘He choreographed (most often for Maryland Youth Ballet and his own Eric Hampton Dance) before being diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).’
- ‘He was in the advanced stages of ALS.’
Abbreviation of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.