One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘the guide provides information on essential equipment needed for alpine touring, telemarking, and snowboarding’another term for randonnée
- ‘Telemark has long been a popular mode of back-country skiing (although alpine touring and back-country snowboarding are growing in popularity).’
- ‘He's wearing lightweight ski boots and a pair of alpine touring skis.’
- ‘His adventures include scuba diving, whitewater kayaking, rock climbing and alpine touring.’
- ‘Despite this serene setting, alpine touring is definitely not for the faint of heart - or thigh.’
- ‘If you live close to a ski area, hike to the top several times a week by using skins on an alpine-touring setup or simply strapping your skis to a backpack.’
- ‘With the advent of increasingly lightweight alpine touring equipment, a surging number of uphill skiers are crawling up ski areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.