Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Many applications can be conveniently controlled via an external alphanumerical keyboard, the multifunctional steering wheel or voice dial.’
- ‘It is a collection of 1,270 alphanumerical charts which, after several rounds of deciphering, give rise to many old writings in different languages.’
- ‘This went to a dispensing pharmacist, together with a sequential alphanumerical code list.’
- ‘To facilitate this, a chat function has been implemented that sends readable text to friendly units, and presents an incomprehensible alphanumerical stream to foes.’
- ‘The company can mark tubing with alphanumerical text of any height, width, and thickness, and can serialize this text.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.