One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the order of the letters of the alphabet.‘books are now arranged alphabetically by author’
- ‘Female animals were coded alphabetically, while male animals were coded numerically.’
- ‘The book is structured like a typical lexicon with topics listed alphabetically in each section.’
- ‘The author has chosen to arrange the games alphabetically by player rather than chronologically.’
- ‘You can then decide on posting order—whether alphabetically or by date, ascending or descending.’
- ‘Instead of being classified alphabetically, the knowledge in his encyclopedia was structured around biblical history.’
- ‘The final section of the book is a selection of program notes, arranged alphabetically by composer.’
- ‘They are listed in their country's telephone directories alphabetically by their first, rather than their last, names.’
- ‘The localities are arranged alphabetically by county and then by township within each county.’
- ‘You can enter a keyword search or browse alphabetically.’
- ‘Projects can be checked out alphabetically or by date or type.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.