One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When these readers are able to represent a letter or a combination of letters by their phonemes, they utilize the alphabetic principle.’
- ‘With the introduction of consistent pagination, indexes, alphabetic ordering, and bibliographies (all unthinkable in manuscripts), knowledge itself was slowly repackaged.’
- ‘Research on Chinese-reading children with dyslexia show a different part of the brain may be involved in their case than with alphabetic languages.’
- ‘Louis Braille, inventor of the alphabetic system for the blind which bears his name, was born in Paris.’
- ‘In his leather bag he has an alphabetic list which he fastidiously ticks off after each visit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.