One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In his leather bag he has an alphabetic list which he fastidiously ticks off after each visit.’
- ‘Louis Braille, inventor of the alphabetic system for the blind which bears his name, was born in Paris.’
- ‘With the introduction of consistent pagination, indexes, alphabetic ordering, and bibliographies (all unthinkable in manuscripts), knowledge itself was slowly repackaged.’
- ‘Research on Chinese-reading children with dyslexia show a different part of the brain may be involved in their case than with alphabetic languages.’
- ‘When these readers are able to represent a letter or a combination of letters by their phonemes, they utilize the alphabetic principle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.