Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a class of drugs which prevent the stimulation of the adrenergic receptors responsible for increased blood pressure.
- ‘Calcium channel blockers (eg nifedipine) or alpha blockers (eg prazosin) - these help widen the blood vessels.’
- ‘Because the alpha blocker lowers your blood pressure, it can make you feel tired or sleepy.’
- ‘Other high blood pressure medications your doctor may prescribe are diuretics, beta blockers, calcium antagonists and alpha blockers.’
- ‘Peripheral alpha blockers, centrally acting agents, and vasodilators have limited use in older persons because of significant side effect profiles.’
- ‘Dizziness, tiredness, and weakness are the main possible side effects of the alpha blockers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.