One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a class of drugs which prevent the stimulation of the adrenergic receptors responsible for increased blood pressure.
- ‘Dizziness, tiredness, and weakness are the main possible side effects of the alpha blockers.’
- ‘Peripheral alpha blockers, centrally acting agents, and vasodilators have limited use in older persons because of significant side effect profiles.’
- ‘Because the alpha blocker lowers your blood pressure, it can make you feel tired or sleepy.’
- ‘Calcium channel blockers (eg nifedipine) or alpha blockers (eg prazosin) - these help widen the blood vessels.’
- ‘Other high blood pressure medications your doctor may prescribe are diuretics, beta blockers, calcium antagonists and alpha blockers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.