One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Every great feat has been the child of dissatisfaction, and if everyone was aloofly content, who would open the world of new possibilities?’
- ‘‘Indeed you will not, for the building is quite separate from the pantry,’ he remarked aloofly, not even turning back to see her.’
- ‘She looked at him aloofly through the corner of her eye.’
- ‘Even now, a few feet away one of the giant soldiers stalked aloofly as if all these people were not really there at all.’
- ‘I shall also enjoy the Jubilee, and if I see either of these two sleazeballs out at our street party, I'll tell them to go easy on the burgers, and stop smiling aloofly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.