One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Round about (a specified time or date)‘we could head out along about six’
- ‘They do, however, need help along about now so I would suggest a very light application of a controlled release fertiliser.’
- ‘That was along about maybe 2001, and I'd come to the Senate, been there for about five or six months.’
- ‘When Sedgwick left, along about midnight, Patterson and John Owens remained, and I finally got to bed a little after two o'clock.’
- ‘I took out a restraining order on him along about the end of August.’
- ‘Then, along about the seventh inning, you begin to think - well, maybe there's a chance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.