One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The name of Victoria gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings.’
- ‘Both of the characters feel the terrible pain of aloneness and separateness felt also by both Linnet and Owl of the changeling stories.’
- ‘Suddenly, her aloneness, the dress, the expensive vanilla-scented perfume, the strange drinks and the unfriendly looks from across the bar make sense.’
- ‘I believe that what you do and what I do is very important in this country, because there are so many people who sit at home alone and don't recognize their sense of aloneness.’
- ‘Existentialism is a 20th century philosophy that asserts the fundamental meaninglessness of life and our abject aloneness.’
- ‘‘I was a single parent and the only thing that stopped me was the thought of leaving my little boy alone in the world,’ she says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.