One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An example that Blackmond often uses is the asymmetric hydrogenation of the allylic alcohols geraniol and its isomers (g geraniol and nerol) carried out while she was at Merck.’
- ‘Abstraction of the double allylic hydrogen of CDH by triplet BZP would lead to a radical pair; this could explain the formation of benzene and all the detected minor photoproducts.’
- ‘In complementary experiments, CHD and CHDCA were used as models for LA as they also have double allylic systems.’
- ‘For substances containing allyl or allylic side chains a direct mechanism of action involving an allylic cation which then reacts with nucleophilic centers of nucleic acid bases has been discussed in the literature.’
- ‘Decomposition of these primary photoproducts to give secondary products arising from allylic hydroperoxide degradation - either by Hock rearrangement or by alkenyl ether epoxidation - was also observed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.