One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another, less-remarked problem, is that the extraordinary allusiveness of his prose is the product of a kind of education which no longer exists.’
- ‘The allusiveness requires us to attend to the internal structure of the text, and at the same time asks us to step outside it, to other texts.’
- ‘She uses non-realistic devices from fairy tale and a playful allusiveness to other texts in both dialogue and third-person narration.’
- ‘There are kinds of subtlety and metaphorical allusiveness that are easier to achieve in comics than in novels.’
- ‘If you can stand the obliqueness, the allusiveness and the tension-inducing pace, you are in for an experience that is disturbing, revelatory and poetic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.