One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another, less-remarked problem, is that the extraordinary allusiveness of his prose is the product of a kind of education which no longer exists.’
- ‘There are kinds of subtlety and metaphorical allusiveness that are easier to achieve in comics than in novels.’
- ‘If you can stand the obliqueness, the allusiveness and the tension-inducing pace, you are in for an experience that is disturbing, revelatory and poetic.’
- ‘She uses non-realistic devices from fairy tale and a playful allusiveness to other texts in both dialogue and third-person narration.’
- ‘The allusiveness requires us to attend to the internal structure of the text, and at the same time asks us to step outside it, to other texts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.