One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mann says it's a strange thing with the fulfilment of prophecies, they often confirm themselves allusively rather than literally.’
- ‘Yet Moffatt makes the point allusively, in a whisper entirely in keeping with the tone of the work.’
- ‘These rambles take the author, briefly and allusively, through a great many topics other than his primary concern with taste.’
- ‘While Grosvenor's dramatically cantilevered sculptures disturbed space in an almost physical manner, like a speeding boat's wake, his recent pieces activate space allusively and emotionally.’
- ‘The story remains the same - wildly improbable and allusively rendered - but the music has inflated and deepened in a manner befitting the giant robots, imploding planets, and freaky cast of thousands it contains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.