One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was held that the attractive-looking berries constituted an allurement to children for which the defendants were liable.’
- ‘I was walking with some girlfriends one sunny day and the conversation drifted around to what one thing we would wish for to make us feel better about our physical allurements.’
- ‘If there is allegory here, it cuts both ways: not only must the shepherd resist the allurements of the false woman, but the bride must resist the advances of a charming but ultimately scurrilous suitor.’
- ‘The law prohibits conversion from one religion to another by ‘the use of force or allurement or by fraudulent means’.’
- ‘Contemporary American adolescents have become much more work oriented generally then those of a generation or so ago, mostly because they have been exposed to the costly allurements of a consumption-obsessed America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.