One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was held that the attractive-looking berries constituted an allurement to children for which the defendants were liable.’
- ‘I was walking with some girlfriends one sunny day and the conversation drifted around to what one thing we would wish for to make us feel better about our physical allurements.’
- ‘Contemporary American adolescents have become much more work oriented generally then those of a generation or so ago, mostly because they have been exposed to the costly allurements of a consumption-obsessed America.’
- ‘If there is allegory here, it cuts both ways: not only must the shepherd resist the allurements of the false woman, but the bride must resist the advances of a charming but ultimately scurrilous suitor.’
- ‘The law prohibits conversion from one religion to another by ‘the use of force or allurement or by fraudulent means’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.