One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Had she been tall, full formed, and fair, it might have been more of a trial; but as it was, there could be no comparison, and she was most allowably a sweet pretty girl.’
- ‘This was the first academic position in the German-speaking world that was dedicated specifically to Chinese and Japanese, rather than to some more general rubric that might allowably include them.’
- ‘Like the vicar and the Ministry of Defence, she has a prejudiced viewpoint (allowably so).’
- ‘They are also replete with helpful information regarding what kinds of articles may allowably be given to prisoners, prisoners’ rights, and complaint procedures.’
- ‘It is true there are some senses in which we may allowably talk of the Visible and Invisible Church.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.