One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said when making a polite request or offering help.‘please allow me to introduce myself’‘'Here, allow me,' came a woman's voice from behind him’
- ‘Thanks to you all for allowing me to a part it.’
- ‘I am very grateful for those who allow me the honor of being read.’
- ‘Allow me to start by confessing that tension between the two young Mrs. Ferrars was the least apparent conflict of this evening.’
- ‘Thank you for allowing me to print this second chapter in your life.’
- ‘Allow me, at this point, to introduce my old friend Maria.’
- ‘Allow me to be among the first to congratulate you on your acceptance.’
- ‘Kindly allow me the courtesy of your columns to convey the following to my Indian brethren.’
- ‘They then allow me, a former student pilot, to give it a go.’
- ‘Hurriedly, she added, "Please allow me to thank you for your service."’
- ‘Thank you for allowing me to share this special time with you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.