One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Graphite is one of the four allotropic forms of carbon; the other three are amorphous carbon, diamond, and fullerene.’
- ‘Synthetic diamonds are produced by forcing an allotropic transition from graphite to diamond under conditions of extremely high temperature and mechanical pressure over a period of several days or weeks.’
- ‘Manganese exists in four allotropic forms, the most common of which is stable to a temperature of about 1,300°F.’
- ‘As its two allotropic forms might suggest, silicon is a metalloid.’
- ‘Sulfur exists in three allotropic forms, two of which are yellow crystalline solids, and the third of which is an amorphous thick, brown, plastic liquid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.