One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Synthetic diamonds are produced by forcing an allotropic transition from graphite to diamond under conditions of extremely high temperature and mechanical pressure over a period of several days or weeks.’
- ‘Manganese exists in four allotropic forms, the most common of which is stable to a temperature of about 1,300°F.’
- ‘Sulfur exists in three allotropic forms, two of which are yellow crystalline solids, and the third of which is an amorphous thick, brown, plastic liquid.’
- ‘Graphite is one of the four allotropic forms of carbon; the other three are amorphous carbon, diamond, and fullerene.’
- ‘As its two allotropic forms might suggest, silicon is a metalloid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.