Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the alteration of the activity of an enzyme by means of a conformational change induced by a different molecule.
- ‘All of the interacting proteins and protein enzymes involved in allosteric regulation are controlled by gene expression.’
- ‘Could similar phenomena occur at other enzymes, particularly allosteric enzymes where structurally similar dihydrofolate plays a regulatory role?’
- ‘Physiological biochemistry has emphasized the role of key regulatory enzymes that display allosteric control and nonequilibrium reaction states.’
- ‘The effectors that modulate the activity of these allosteric enzymes are of two types.’
- ‘Although numerous allosteric enzymes were studied, much less information is available concerning the coordinated regulation of activities in multienzymatic complexes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.