Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the alteration of the activity of an enzyme by means of a conformational change induced by a different molecule.
- ‘Physiological biochemistry has emphasized the role of key regulatory enzymes that display allosteric control and nonequilibrium reaction states.’
- ‘Could similar phenomena occur at other enzymes, particularly allosteric enzymes where structurally similar dihydrofolate plays a regulatory role?’
- ‘The effectors that modulate the activity of these allosteric enzymes are of two types.’
- ‘Although numerous allosteric enzymes were studied, much less information is available concerning the coordinated regulation of activities in multienzymatic complexes.’
- ‘All of the interacting proteins and protein enzymes involved in allosteric regulation are controlled by gene expression.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.