One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the alteration of the activity of an enzyme by means of a conformational change induced by a different molecule.
- ‘Could similar phenomena occur at other enzymes, particularly allosteric enzymes where structurally similar dihydrofolate plays a regulatory role?’
- ‘The effectors that modulate the activity of these allosteric enzymes are of two types.’
- ‘Physiological biochemistry has emphasized the role of key regulatory enzymes that display allosteric control and nonequilibrium reaction states.’
- ‘Although numerous allosteric enzymes were studied, much less information is available concerning the coordinated regulation of activities in multienzymatic complexes.’
- ‘All of the interacting proteins and protein enzymes involved in allosteric regulation are controlled by gene expression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.