One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Second, differentiation may have evolved in allopatry following long-distance dispersal of ‘founder’ individuals across pre-existing barriers.’
- ‘The predominant view is that new species arise most often in allopatry where geographically isolated populations of the same ancestral species diverge progressively.’
- ‘In general, sizes of island individuals are approximately intermediate in size between those in the region of origin (where they are sympatric and small) and those in the region of allopatry.’
- ‘For instance, positive correlations between size and dominance were evident among juvenile Atlantic salmon and brown trout when the two species were in allopatry but not when they were living sympatrically.’
- ‘The allopatry of Middle American subspecies, and their diversification, may be attributable to habitat preferences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.