Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Various alternative therapies including reiki, breathwork, and acupuncture are quickly emerging as alternatives to conventional allopathic medical treatments.’
- ‘The Wellness Centre, which delivers aromatherapy, pranic healing, dietetics and Ayurveda to enhance allopathic services at the hospital, will shortly augment its alternative medicine packages.’
- ‘This healing method can also be successfully combined with other therapies such as hands on healing, massage, shiatsu and can even work alongside allopathic medicine.’
- ‘The rise in bacterial resistance has prompted recommendations that allopathic doctors prescribe fewer antibiotics, which, in turn, has led to a search for alternatives.’
- ‘The authors use a set of icons to alert the reader to clinical implications, interpretations, or topics that might be naturopathic or allopathic in origin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.