One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The new allometric equations presented by the authors advance our understanding of seabird energetics in important ways and enhance our ability to predict energetics and conductance.’
- ‘The presence of an allometric relationship between brain and body mass is widely recognized in the literature, although the nature of this relationship may vary considerably between taxa.’
- ‘Based on these allometric regressions, it appears that the total cost of transport for many swimming mammals is significantly higher than predicted for fish of comparable body mass.’
- ‘The greater return rate in ponds with small zooplankton is likely to be due to allometric differences between large-bodied and small-bodied grazers.’
- ‘Substantial differences in, for example, cranidial width and the length and shape of the cranidial border, are generated by variation in the rates of allometric change during ontogeny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.