One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tissue graft from a donor of the same species as the recipient but not genetically identical.Compare with homograft
- ‘Research is currently focused on the role of superficial venous surgery and the use of cultured skin allografts.’
- ‘Perioperative nurses must be aware of current tissue handling practices when they participate in procedures to implant tissue and bone allografts.’
- ‘With increased use of allografts, graft-related infections and disease transmissions have risen.’
- ‘In addition, the quality of the allograft may vary, depending on the age of the donor and the body location of the harvested skin.’
- ‘Reductions in the intensity of conditioning regimens for allografts will improve safety and increase applicability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.