One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the surface, using a cost-type contract may appear to be the wrong type because it essentially results in the payment of all allowable and allocable costs.’
- ‘After allocating the basis and the amount realized between these portions, Bob determines that $12,000 of the gain is allocable to the residential portion and $6,000 is allocable to the rental portion.’
- ‘The portion allocable to the employee's personal use is generally taxable to the employee as a fringe benefit.’
- ‘However, when a trip is primarily for vacation, the entire cost of the trip is a non-deductible personal expense, except for any expenses you have while at your destination that are directly allocable to your business.’
- ‘They are potentially liable to the artist for the artist's losses, for an allocable portion the profits they earned, attorneys fees and treble damages (in the trademark cases).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.