One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Do they manage to translate the names of the Endless into other languages alliteratively?’
- ‘‘The prejudicial effect would far outweigh the probative value,’ he added alliteratively.’
- ‘I myself was named alliteratively because my father always wanted to be able to step outside on a warm summer night and holler through cupped hands, ‘Come hither Heather Hamilton.’’
- ‘As Gunderson alliteratively put it, there were other better explanations of a more pronounced class identification in this period than ‘Nash's cumbersome contrivance of class consciousness arising in poverty.’’
- ‘Repeating the word ‘field’ in the second clause, however, Warner balances it with form, alliteratively cinching together the natural ‘field’ with its scientific meanings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.