One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It makes sense that in context the word ‘therapeutic’ is narrowly describing something which is healing or alleviative.’
- ‘Chinese authorities are reportedly open to a team of Indian engineers and hydrologists to visit the 5 km lake that has built up behind the dam and assist with alleviative measures.’
- ‘However, the problem is becoming alleviative due to the rapid reduction in the costs of computer hardware.’
- ‘Measures to be taken against flooding can be strategic and alleviative to reduce both incidence and severity.’
- ‘The duty-free importation of considerable quantities of frozen meat constitutes an alleviative measure for the consumers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.