Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Many questions concerning toxicity and allergenicity have been raised about corn contaminated with the spores of this fungus.’
- ‘The genetic engineering of food creates two separate and serious health risks involving allergenicity.’
- ‘He faxed his two-page assessment to the Ministry of Agriculture warning that tests into nutritional performance, toxicology or allergenicity were insufficient and inadequate.’
- ‘They were recognized for their development of an animal model to predict the allergenicity of genetically modified food.’
- ‘It may be difficult to eliminate all the allergens; but the goal is to develop strains with reduced allergenicity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.