One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sunflowers, beautiful as they are on a summer day, are valuable as a source of both oil and meal, and sunflowers are also powerfully allelopathic against many tough weeds.’
- ‘Deep-shading and allelopathic crops can ‘treat’ particularly weedy areas.’
- ‘Most studies of allelopathic effects have focused on early vegetative plant growth, i.e. seed germination, a period with high metabolic activity.’
- ‘Lichens were removed because they can be allelopathic.’
- ‘An allelopathic plant releases potentially toxic substances into the environment through its roots, its leaves or processes such as evaporation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.