One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sunflowers, beautiful as they are on a summer day, are valuable as a source of both oil and meal, and sunflowers are also powerfully allelopathic against many tough weeds.’
- ‘An allelopathic plant releases potentially toxic substances into the environment through its roots, its leaves or processes such as evaporation.’
- ‘Deep-shading and allelopathic crops can ‘treat’ particularly weedy areas.’
- ‘Most studies of allelopathic effects have focused on early vegetative plant growth, i.e. seed germination, a period with high metabolic activity.’
- ‘Lichens were removed because they can be allelopathic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.