Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘If the two genes carry different alleles, then the allelic genealogy states only that they are different.’
- ‘An allelic series of mutations is a powerful genetic resource for understanding gene function.’
- ‘Positions are defined independently of the allelic states of the genes that reside there.’
- ‘The map positions indicate that the affected genes are not allelic.’
- ‘In contrast to the human situation this gene displays reduced allelic variation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.