One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Christian allegorists, recharging the remaindered Pagan symbols, hope to exorcise the residual energies of the pagan world.’
- ‘Allegorical imagery is appropriated imagery; the allegorist does not invent images but confiscates them.’
- ‘He begins by noting that the Renaissance humanists fell into two groups: the philologists who believed that value lay in the original meaning of words, and the allegorists for whom truths lay beneath the veil of art.’
- ‘Kafka wrongly gets posited as a political or humanitarian allegorist, when his stories are rather personal series of images and processes that cannot be conclusively unlocked.’
- ‘His narratives usually lend themselves to rich allegorical readings, and Tsui can be a very skilful allegorist when he wants to be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.