One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His narratives usually lend themselves to rich allegorical readings, and Tsui can be a very skilful allegorist when he wants to be.’
- ‘The Christian allegorists, recharging the remaindered Pagan symbols, hope to exorcise the residual energies of the pagan world.’
- ‘Allegorical imagery is appropriated imagery; the allegorist does not invent images but confiscates them.’
- ‘He begins by noting that the Renaissance humanists fell into two groups: the philologists who believed that value lay in the original meaning of words, and the allegorists for whom truths lay beneath the veil of art.’
- ‘Kafka wrongly gets posited as a political or humanitarian allegorist, when his stories are rather personal series of images and processes that cannot be conclusively unlocked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.