One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All scripture and religious doctrine that conflict with reason must be interpreted allegorically, so as to express moral insights.’
- ‘The second mitigating factor is that Crowley uses the entirety of time travel allegorically, as a metaphor for British colonialism.’
- ‘Do you mean for viewers to interpret the film allegorically?’
- ‘The physical disruptions to space in Farrell's photographs work allegorically to describe the ruptures of memory and landscape.’
- ‘There are exquisite touches, executed with extraordinary skill: the allegorically suggestive tear in the curtain; the artist's helpless dishabille; the uniquely knowing expression on the face of the central woman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.