Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘HvAV - 3a virions vary from allantoid to bacilliform, and are not occluded in occlusion bodies.’
- ‘They became electron-opaque and appeared allantoid in sections.’
- ‘The interesting foetal substances are those which were mentioned above, as well as allantoid liquid, Meckel's cartilage, Wharton's jelly and all the possible associations.’
- ‘The spores are white, and are cylindrical to allantoid in shape.’
- ‘When screening germ plasm for Karnal bunt resistance, allantoid secondary sporidia produced in solid media should be used as inoculum.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.